Sunday, December 18, 2011

Stripes

If you can't tell by the title of my blog, I am a lover of stripes. Most of my wardrobe consists of stripes. My love for stripes all sprouted after I watched the movie "Coco Before Chanel". I watched this movie about a year ago with my mom one night (the movie is in French with subtitles) and I loved it. I should plan to watch it again sometime because the details of the movie are fading from my mind. But, what struck me was one scene in particular. It was a scene where Coco went to the sea, she stood and watched the fisherman with amazement. 
With anything she saw she pulled out inspiration for her fashion. What she pulled out from them? Stripes. 

Shortly after I watched that, I was on a hunt for a striped shirt like Coco's. I finally found one at H&M. From that moment on almost everything I bought was striped. People at school comment on the fact that I can not go a day without wearing stripes. Stripes comfort me, they make me feel preppy, classy, like Coco. 

No comments:

Post a Comment